About Wills & Legal Services
Proudly serving our clients with reliable Legal Services.
Why Wills & Legal Services
Wills & Legal Services Ltd is a national Specialist Paralegal Law Firm with qualified paralegals throughout England & Wales. We pride ourselves on remembering that our clients have individual needs.
All of our paralegals are highly qualified and able to explain all of our services in plain English without legal jargon.
At our Head Office in Malvern, we have an established and highly experienced Legal Department who specialises in Estate Planning , Will Writing, Trusts and all of the associated services we offer. They are on hand to answer any questions our clients may have and are supported by WLS Solicitors, a wholly owned subsidiary of Wills & Legal Services Ltd.
Our experience, alon+g with our unique Estate Protection Services, makes us one of the country’s leading specialists in this field.
Wills & Legal Services was set up in a barn in rural Worcestershire on the eve of the millennium by husband and wife Tony and Sarah Watson and friend Emma Hodges. Our background in the financial services sector stood us in good stead to implement a regulated approach to what is an unregulated environment.
It was important to give clients peace of mind knowing their estate planning needs were covered by compliance and a complaints procedure, professional indemnity insurance, with qualified paralegals taking their instructions. So, we set up the very first National Specialist Paralegal Law Firm with all of our Paralegals members of the National Association of Licenced Paralegals.
Visiting clients in the comfort of their homes to provide expert advice was key to putting families at the forefront of everything we do.
Today we are one of the largest Will writing companies in the UK with over 120,000 families trusting us to look after their estate planning needs. We write over 15,000 new Wills every year with over 30 Paralegals across the country advising local people.
We adhere to a strict code of conduct and duty of care. We give all of our advice in plain English, ensuring that our clients fully understand the advice which is covered by Professional Indemnity Insurance of £2,000,000.
All our practising Paralegals are DBS checked (previously CRB) and carry out annual Continuous Professional Development Training.
We also own a regulated firm of solicitors, WLS Solicitors, and a regulated financial services business, WLS Financial Services.
Meet Our Team
What is a Paralegal
- Paralegals are legal professionals who specialise in specific areas of law. Our expertise is in Will-Writing and Later Life Planning covering Mental Incapacity, Lasting Powers of Attorney, Trusts, Probate and Care Fee Advice.
- All our Paralegals are highly qualified and able to explain all our services to you in plain English – without any unnecessary legal jargon.
- All of our Paralegals are covered by £2m professional indemnity insurance and are also DBS checked (previously CRB).
- Our Paralegals visit people in the comfort of their own home and give them sound professional legal advice.
- All of our Paralegals regularly undertake Continuous Professional Development training ensuring they are up to date with current laws and regulations.
Why Choose a Paralegal over a Solicitor?
- Most solicitors are not specialists in specific areas of law, a bit like a GP, whereas a Paralegal specialises in one area, a bit like a heart surgeon.
- When you go to a solicitor, they’ll usually refer you to one of their Paralegals, and charge you more for that service.
- Solicitors tend to speak in legal jargon, our Paralegals speak to you in plain English, making what can seem complex products understandable.